Friday, December 28, 2012

Welcome!

After spending 3 hours getting the perfect background for this blog, I suppose it's time to welcome you to our journey to bringing our son home! 

Our journey officially started months ago (in July) when Hannah (our 13 year old) and I were looking at adoption blogs.  We ran acrossed the most beautiful boy we have ever seen.  I knew right then and there that this was my son!  At that time, Dave was not ready to make a commitment to adopt so I decided to pray for him to find a family.  If my husband was not ready to adopt, there was not point in getting our hopes up.

Hannah was already in love with little Z.  She started a mission years ago called Hannah Hopes and through this mission she sends stuffed animals to children around the world.  I will explain more about this later. 

She wanted to send little Z a very special bear so she decided to spend her birthday money on it.  She found this bear from Hallmark and has been waiting patiently since September for God to show us a way to get the bear to Z.



So, here we were waiting, praying, and hoping to find a way to bring comfort to this special little boy!

Yesterday, my husband Dave told us that he is ready to proceed with the adoption for Z!

We are over the top excited knowing that God played a huge part in changing Dave's heart!  An answer to our prayers :-)!

So, let this blog serve as a place for you to be able to keep track of our progress to bring this boy home.  Unfortunately I cannot post pictures of his face, but I can tell you that he is from Eastern Europe. 



 I will post as often as I can.  Thanks for reading!

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :o) We are praying! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy to hear about your decision. On this journey of adopting a sight impaired little boy, you will be amazed, frightened, overjoyed, sometimes frustrated...but everyday...everyday, you will thank the Lord for this path that he has put you on. This child will teach you about courage, persistence, faith and trust. I am so happy to be able to follow you on your adoption. You have my number, please do not hesitate to call to chat. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete