Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Homestudy APPROVED!!!

I have been told that the homestudy is the hardest step.  After a few minor bumps in the road, I am happy to say that our homestudy has been accepted and now we are just waiting for our notarized copies.  As soon as we get those, we will be sending our I800A forms to U.S. immigrations.  They are ready to go.  I have to say, that this is a relief.  It consists of a lot of gathering of information and running around getting things signed, notarized, and then lots of interviews.  Luckily we had an amazing homestudy agency up in Grand Rapids that has many years of experience and she was very quick in getting stuff written. 

It's very humbling to read about our lives in 15 pages.

Yesterday I met a women in our area that loves orphans about as much as I do.  I met her online in my early search to find an Ergo carrier since I know we will need one when we go pick little Z up.  The most awesome part is that she lives down the street from us!  She has two young children that are absolutely adorable :-).  She has been giving me some really cool fundraising ideas.  Aside from selling the scarves, dish clothes, and afghans... we really are at a loss.  It's really really hard asking for money.  We shipped most of these things down to my friend in Ohio to sell at her shop.  They will sell much better there I'm sure.  I know that God will provide for this adoption... but when the money starts to become due all at once it's rather nerve wracking.  This week we have $6500 due to our placing agency, along with $720 for immigrations (plus $85 time 2 for the fingerprinting).  Last week we had $1850 due to the homestudy agency.  (deep breath)... This is God's plan.  We can do this. 

We are VERY close to having a date for Z's benefits concert/dinner which will consist of an amazing Christian band and a spaghetti dinner at our church.  We are pretty sure it will be in April, but we are waiting on the final OK, which should come tomorrow.  The evening should be very fun and a great way for us to share a little about the "boy that we love."   

Our neighbor has been busy helping us make these really cool soap and hand sanitizer project that we are selling for $5 a piece.  Of course, Z's face will be fully revealed if you purchase one of them!  We are hoping that people who buy these will be reminded to pray for our little guy and our process to adopt him.  We have either hand sanitizers or soaps available.  We'd LOVE to have so much interest where we would need to make LOTS and LOTS more of these.

 
There are three different saying that you can order.  We had to block out his face and name because this is a public blog.  When you buy one, I promise the hats won't be included! (although I think he looks rather handsome in them!)  Again, these are $5 (plus shipping if you are not local).
 
 
 
If anyone else has any cool fundraising ideas, let us know.  Thanks so much for your prayers! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment