Wednesday, February 6, 2013

To be LOVED

Everyone reading this blog has felt LOVE.  I am quite certain.  Hannah started her mission to spread God's love to the children in this world... because Hannah knows as well as we all know... that some children, no matter how beautiful they are... have not felt LOVE.  This is reality.   

There are orphans out there sitting, rocking in their beds... alone waiting for a mommy or daddy or somebody to love them.  Many don't even know that they are waiting for that.  Many sit for hours in their beds, then the hours turn into days, and the days turn into years and so on. 

Imagine sitting waiting to see a doctor who is running late.  Think of how frustrating that can be.  Now imagine that wait turning into hours and days and years.  I honestly can't imagine because I have never experienced anything like that and I'm willing to bet none of you have not either.

I'm not saying this is all orphans by any means, but the sad reality is that there are MANY orphans out there that experience this... this is their lives day in and day out.  If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself.  It won't take long in searching google for orphanages in Eastern Europe and you will see for yourself.  If you need help finding information, just ask. 

I'm so very sad to say that our little Z most likely has never FELT unconditional love.  I'm almost more certain that most of his day is spent in his bed... in his dark little world.  How do I know this?  How can I say this about the boy that I love so deeply?  I have read between the lines of his biography and have learned enough to know.  Our little Z is very behind developmentally.  Nobody has had the time to teach him very much.... for 7 long lonely years.  It's just the reality of ophanage living sometimes... the resources just aren't there sometimes.  This does not scare me because I've seen what LOVE can do for a child.  Knowing this is what makes me stay up long hours filling out paperwork or running to the post office after work even though I'm exhausted.  There is an urgency in my step these days.  The process to adopt is hard.  VERY hard.  And I have only just begun.  I long for the day that Z can feel LOVED forever!

Today, Z got his bear from Hannah.  This bear was sent with LOVE and I pray that when he recieved it he FELT love... even if only for a second.  I am so thankful that the foundation was able to visit him, even though I was told he was uneasy during part of the visit.  Oh how I hope that the bear brought him comfort... even if only for a second. 

Dear Lord, please surround little Z with your love and protect him while he waits...







     



     
 





No comments:

Post a Comment