Monday, May 6, 2013

Asking for prayers this week

We believe in the power of prayer and this week we are rallying all our friends to PRAY.  

You see, in little Z's country there will be an election on May 15th.  That means there will be some delays in getting our referral.  The referral is the last step that we need in order to travel.  

We send our dossier to our agency on April 15th.  They sent it to our foundation shortly after that.  I'm guessing the week of the 22nd.  The foundation has to translate the documents and then submit it to the International Adoption Counsel (IAC) of the government so that they can read it over and give us our referral for Z.  

We were told that Wednesday this week (May 8th) was the last day that the IAC will meet until after the election.  It's unclear when they will resume meeting... could be a few week or even a month until that part of the government is up and running after the election.  

Once again, we believe that this whole process is in God's timing.  He knows when Z will be home and He is guiding this process.  So far, everything has been very smooth and rather quick.  Praise the Lord!  

This week, please pray that our foundation was able to translate our dossier quickly and in time for this meeting on the 8th.  Please pray that we get our referral before the election.  If this is not what is supposed to happen, then please pray that the government starts meeting again quickly after the election.  The quicker this step, the sooner Z will be home for good.  We will still have to wait 4-6 months after we go on the first trip, but at least we can start that countdown when we travel.

Getting a referral this quickly will be nothing short of a miracle though.  It takes quite a while for the foundations to translate the documents.  But I also know that it is possible... especially when God is leading this... which He is! 

The adoption process is emotionally draining.  The paperwork... not bad especially after just completing my MBA... I'll take adoption paperwork ANY DAY over writing another paper for a class!!  But the waiting and waiting and MORE waiting is hard.  I'm not going to lie.  There are many days when I'm getting out of work and my mind thinks about little Z... his country is 6 hours ahead of us.  I think of him laying in his crib alone.  He is probably just going to bed when I get out of work.  I wonder if anyone tucks him in at night.  I pray a lot for God to surround him with love and bring comfort to our little guy.  Then when I wake up I wonder what he is having for lunch.  Is someone taking the time to feed him and talk to him?  I can't wait until he gets home so that we can lovingly prepare his lunch and dinner for him.  And we can tuck him in at night.  

Soon little Z... soon will be your day to be REDEEMED!  Soon you will know who we are and how much we love you!

Thanks for your prayers!



  





3 comments:

  1. It is funny how our minds can be captured by a little person all the way on the other side of the world. Praying for you Z, and my G, and all the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hands in his lap <3

    Just thinking about him the way you wrote it, made me tear up. DOES anyone tuck him in at night? Does he hear, I LOVE YOU? I bet you are going to just hold him and love on him the moment you get him to his true home! blessings and prayers.

    ReplyDelete