Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day... I LOVE being a mom

Today I am celebrating being a mom for the last 13 years.

When I was younger I would repeatedly ask my mom, "Will God be mad if I don't have any kids?"  I was scared to death of the thought of giving birth!  LOL.  Little did I know that God knew my fears, but also knew I was meant to be a mom!  I only had 2.5 hours of labor with Hannah and was able to deliver her completely naturally... pushing for only 4 minutes.  (5 years later I gave birth to Stella and my labor was 3 hours and I only pushed for 1 minute).  Yep, God KNEW my fears and I can honestly say I am so thankful :-).

I would like to introduce you to my children... the ones that call me "MOM."

This is Hannah Clare about 13 years ago:


God blessed me with Hannah when I was a sophomore in college at Siena Heights.  I was a single mom for 3 years.  During those three years Hannah taught me that being a mom is the most challenging and also the most rewarding job in the world.  I wouldn't trade it for anything... even though some days she can be very moody and hard to be around! 

A few years after having Hannah, God knew my job as a parent wasn't going to stop with just Hannah.  I met Dave and with Dave, came 3 more kids (two that call me "mom").

This is Emily, Hannah and David shortly after I met them.  

This is Katlynn with Hannah and David.

8.5 years ago, God blessed Dave and I with Stella Rose.  



Stella is such a joy!  For those who haven't seen her for a while... please know that when she turned about 5, she finally stopped crying, whining and screaming... well, she still whines a little LOL!







Okay... I think you get the point LOL.  

So, that's how I went from a family of two... to a family of seven shortly after marrying Dave!


The last 9 years have been both the hardest years of my life and the most amazing years.  Blending a family is very challenging, but I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything! 

Right now, the three younger girls live at home with us.  It works for us.  David come over anytime he wants, which is every other weekend and sometimes during the week.  He is an avid skater and is always calling us to see if we can go rollerskating with him.  Their mom is awesome and will even take Stella and Emily skating if we don't feel like going.  She has a three year old little boy that fits right in!



These girls are growing into some amazing young ladies.


Who still like to be little kids sometimes!

Little Z is going to fit right into our family.  The kids are always saying, "When little Z comes..." or "Can we buy Z this?" or "We can take Z here!"  



We can't wait to fill that extra seat in the van, at the table, on the couch, at the pew at church, etc!  

Now that you "met" our family... here's an update on the adoption:

Last week we did not get our referral to travel.  We were told that last week was the last time the current IAC would be meeting until after the elections... which are this week.  Well, we found out that they will be meeting one last time this week!  So, there is still hope that we will get our referral this week and possibly be able to travel in June!  It has not been announced as to when the newly elected IAC will resume meeting.  Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

There is still time to buy Restaurant gift cards.   See the right side of this blog for more information or this post... what a great way to get free food while helping to bring Z home!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment