Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy Birthday!!

Today is a little bittersweet.  I know all families that decide to adopt go through this so I'm sure I'm no different.  Today Z celebrates his 7th birthday.  My mind keeps wondering if anyone told him it was his birthday.  Did he get a cake?  Did they have a celebration?  Does he know he's 7?  Did he have a good day? 

I will never know the answer to those questions and honestly, I may not like the answer so I like to think it's "yes" to all those questions.  I was discussing this with Hannah today and she said that she is sure that there is at least one worker in the orphanage that loves him deeply, that made his day special.  But she also said, even if this was not the case... he probably doesn't know any different so even if he was not told "happy birthday"... that doesn't mean that he is sad.  It would only be sad if he knew it was his birthday and nobody acknowledged it.  Which, I highly doubt is the case!  I love how Hannah puts things in perspective for me.  She is so wise!

So, today is our little boy's birthday!  We have much to celebrate!  For his birthday, the girls picked out a very special gift! 



Tomorrow we will be heading up to GR to get a bunch of documents apostilled from the great seals office of the secretary of state.  I am thankful that in MI the cost is only $1 per document!  I was told some states are much more than that.  I am also thankful that Dave and I live in the same town that we were born in so we could easily get our certified copies of our birth certificate and marriage license very quickly and easily!  If I would have had to order them it would have cost a lot more, plus it would have taken more time. 

I am also thankful that our references for the home study could be hand delivered to our friends and family so that we could get a jump start on those.  I have gotten all but 1 sent out and was told they are almost done!

The first home study visit will be next Thursday!  They recieved our paperwork and said we are all set to start.  Yay! 

Once the documents are apostilled for the placing agency, Z will officially be placed on hold for us!  It's no guarantee, but I am trusting the Lord on this one.  He has placed him in our hearts and I know He is leading this. 

I'm sure you noticed that I added a chip in on the top right of this page.  To start, I put it for our home study.  I am going to take this one step at a time. 

Adopting overseas is very expensive, but we are trusting in the Lord to provide for our every need.

Please know that if you feel called to donate to help bring Z home, any donation made can be claimed on your taxes.  My friend Michele has a non profit charity so she has offered to help us fundraise.  Also, she has offered to raffle off a $100 sears gift card for anyone who donates up until our home study is complete and the dossier is sent in!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment