Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SADNESS turned to JOY

This week did not start out well at all for our family.  My favorite brother in law, Phil died suddenly Sunday morning... no warning, no sickness.  Phil was one of the first people that I told of our plans to adopt Z.  He was so happy for us!  He was one of the first to "like" or comment on Facebook anytime I updated this blog or posted about little Z.  Oh how my heart breaks knowing that Z will not meet Phil.  I know that he will be watching from Heaven, but it's not the same.  I miss him already. 

Today my sister Paulette posted this picture of Stella and Phil on her FB page.  This picture reflects exactly how Phil felt about all his nieces and nephews and his kids.  I am sharing this because he was a GREAT man and one that I know would have embraced Z as his nephew.  Please say a prayer for our family.  Losing someone you love is never easy... especially when that someone is your brother (in law) or uncle.   
 

 
God must have known we were feeling down this week because I also got some really exciting news to share.  I continue to stand in AWE at how God works.  He is with us through it all! 
 
    "You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy" (Psalm 30:11)  
 
There is a woman that I "met" online through our adoption agency that is traveling to a certain orphanage in a certain country on Saturday.  Yes, she is going to meet her daughter who happens to live at the same orphanage as our Z.  She has offered to take a "Hannah Hopes" stuffed animal for our little guy.  Hannah did not want to send Z the animal she picked out for him on her birthday because she wants to give that to him herself, but she carefully picked out a bear that has a rattle in it so he can shake it and hear the noise.  It also is really soft and perfect for him!  She wrote on his tag so hopefully the translator will tell him what it says.  Here is a picture of the animals that will be mailed to this family's house so that she can take them with her on Saturday!  Hannah didn't want her kids at home or the child she will be adopting to feel left out so she found a few more for them.  She is working with the same foundation that we are working with so fingers crossed that we will get an update on him!  She is going to try hard to get a picture of him with his new bear.  Oh what a joyous day that will be!!! 
 
Here is the picture of the animals being sent.  Now you might be able read the tag.  Please do not post a comment with his name on it if you can see it.  I figure there is no way a name on a picture can be tracked by his country so we are pretty safe.  Just please keep it quiet okay?
 
   
 
I am so thankful that Hannah is able to do this.  We truly needed this excitment especially this week.
 
As always, I will keep you updated!
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Courtney, my heart just aches for you. So sorry for your loss of your precious brother in law. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete